Wiping Different Operating SystemsNo matter which operating systems you use in your business or home, data erasure software is arguably the best method to ensure that your valuable information cannot be restored or reconstructed—but which data destruction method is best for the OS you are using? Any disk wipe software can perform a simple drive wipe, but using a solution that meets the rigorous standards of government agencies and international protocols will make your data irretrievable. WhiteCanyon Software’s disk wipe products securely erase data, on scales that range from home use to enterprise-level solutions.
Certified Data Erasure Software For All Types Of Operating SystemsThere are both hardware and software considerations when you choose secure data erasure software for your home or business. Many large businesses are still using physical data destruction as a costly solution to data erasure, but using a data destruction program is more cost-effective. The WipeDrive software from WhiteCanyon is compatible with all of these common computer operating systems:
- Computers with an x86 architecture
- All versions of Microsoft® Windows®
- Any newer versions of Mac (starting with OS X v10.6 Snow Leopard)
- All the various flavors of Linux
Mobile Data Security With Secure Remote AccessSecure solutions are available at any scale to achieve regulatory compliance in almost any industry. There are secure programs which support:
- Private data centers
- Co-location services
- 3rd party cloud providers
- End of lifecycle protocols
- Active file structures
- Virtual machines
- Logical storage area networks
Which Program Meets Your Data Erasure Needs?Sometimes the entire operating system and all data need to be removed, but there are many levels of data security management and disk wipe which can be achieved with professional data destruction software. Some of these include:
- Programs like SystemSaver which wipe personal data, including browser data, meeting U.S. Department of Defense specifications while preserving the operating system. This technology allows computers to be repurposed with no risk of unauthorized access to old data.
- Complete disk drive wiping methods, especially WipeDrive software, which uses a 3-pass system of wiping to render data unrecoverable. Certified by the NSA and meeting DOD 5220.22-m requirements makes WipeDrive the wipe software of choice for government agencies.
- Solutions for mobile devices and those which use an SD card for data storage, protecting company resources like cell phones, tablets, and flash drives.